SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teemoni218

HELP my blueberry bush is dying overnight!

teemoni218
8 years ago

I have a sunshine blue dwarf blueberry bush that I ordered online a year ago. I have been patiently growing it and upping the container size maybe 2 times.

The last time I repotted it into a 14" container. It was the size I wanted it in for it's mature life.

It spent months with little growth, but I knew it was developing it's root system.

Then 2 months ago it started flourishing like crazy! New branches new leaves EVERYWHERE!

It was finally coming into it's own.

I started noticing spiderwebs on the tips of the branches a few weeks ago and thought it was normal since it is October and spiders are everywhere. I live in Miami BTW.

Then suddenly 3 days ago I went to check on my beloved shrub and it looked sickly!

It was so vibrant and all of a sudden the evergreen leaves looked dry and curled inward!

I added water right away, thinking that it might be thirsty. I usually never water it, i just let it get rained on, since it was rainy season here and it was so happy!

Then we saw a red spider and another black spider and decided to just spray it with pesticide!

Now the leaves are all BROWN! Some leaves towards the base are still green.

I have no idea what could have caused my beautiful shrub to shrivel up over the course of maybe 4 days.

Someone please help. I am not ready to give up !

happy and thriving before all the new growth exploded!
how i found it when i realized something was wrong, before pesticide

close up of damage

Comments (7)