SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ascorsonelli

Need help with Master Closet layout

ascorsonelli
8 years ago

Met with GC this morning to chat cabinets and trim. Had my stack of pictures and diagrams ready! Then he pounced closets on me, and I had NO idea what I want. We figured things out for the kids' and hall closets. I'm stuck on the master though. Would love some suggestions or ideas!

As you can see in the picture, the closet is 5' 8.5" deep by 8' 3"ish wide. My first thought was lower shoe racks on the left wall, a column of cubbies above it in the corner, single-hang rod next to the cubbies. On the back wall, I have a dresser that's about 2'w x 3'h (there's an outlet about 4' high, in the middle of that back wall, btw) that I thought could go in the center with shelving or cubbies above. But I don't have to use the dresser. And on the right wall, double hang rods. A shelf 80" from floor would run the perimeter of the closet.

After drawing it out on the wall, I realized it's not enough hanging space. Which brings me here, begging for help!

Needs: double-hang and single hang for husband and wife, storage for shoes (mostly flats, tennis shoes) and boots, storage for t-shirts, shorts, jeans, undies, and socks, storage for luggage and miscellaneous.

Anyone have a good idea or something to consider??

Comments (7)