SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kleigh9

Updating my son's room - how do I cover this mural?

kleigh9
8 years ago

I have been lurking here forever but this is my first post!

I painted a jungle mural on my son's bedroom wall before he was born; and it is sadly time for it to go. He is eleven and wants an update. He has been hiding it with posters. As I run my fingers over it I don't feel that the surface is raised in most areas, but it is in a few. It was painted with acrylic paint, from a paint by numbers type of kit.

Do you think I can just sand it and go over it with a couple of coats of kiltz primer? My husband, ever the optomist, is predicting a doomesday rip-the-wall-out-install-new-drywall scenario (he doesn't understand why we can't continue the poster cover-up).

Also, he has picked BM Gray Wolf for a color. His room currently is a very light blue, and just meh. The room faces south and the light just washes out the color so I am thinking Gray Wolf, being darker, might actually work out ok.

Any thoughts on choosing a grey color for a kids room? I dont want it to feel cold and gloomy. The pic is from eleven years ago and the carpet is now a light tan. Not sure how that will go with gray paint either.

Thanks for any help.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES