SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
autumn_4_gw

So I needed help with tile. Why would grout be any different?

autumn.4
8 years ago

I am back. And no it's not done but I am closer than I have ever been, haha! WZ Pipe smoke is due in tomorrow and I can't wait! Install - well that will be by Thanksgiving. This DIY business is slow going for this family. We have come along way but on outside projects but I digress.

Before I install I need to figure out if I am brave enough to tackle herringbone or just do the standard brick offset. That will take some playing with the tile and just staring at it honestly probably for hours.

Anyhow now I am looking at grout and of course it's too big and scary for me to just pick one on my own already, lol. Originally I looked at TEC and thought the standard white looked good. Figured I was all set. Well today a Mapei rep came in to work and was demo-ing Flexcolor CQ which got me looking at their color chart and alabaster is pretty dead on. Then I found an older post by Romy of the pic I love and that says Laticrete Kashmir White.

My sample tiles with both tec standard white and mapei alabaster - I don't have a Kashmir White but I will post that pic that romy shared.

It was already past natural daylight time when I took these - sorry for the glare I did my best. Together:

Alabaster (I see the corner of my chocolate chip bag made it in this one-decision making snacking)....

Standard White:

The inspiration pic of kashmir white:

Crestedge · More Info

Thoughts?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer