SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenncent

I really wanted marble, but...

jenncent
8 years ago

I just wanted to post about my quartz counter experience so far. I was desperate for marble, like I dreamed about it, and saved 100 pictures of it, and imagined my days of rolling dough on it. But I knew it just would not work for my family. And I am not a learn to love the character of stains and etching kind of person, and my family is just not careful enough, so I went with Vicostone. Now, I am only 2 weeks in, but there has not been a day that I have not walked into the kitchen to find find left over mess from my husband or kids from the day before. Today it was coffee, yesterday ketchup, before that soy sauce and curry... And it cleans right up and still looks amazing! I like to spray things down with vinegar, which would be a no no with marble, not to mention I would likely already have stains and etching. So, while not my marble dreams, I am thrilled with my choice. It is beautiful and kind of fool proof as far and mess and clean up goes. So for those on the fence, I say go for it! I looked at pretty much every marble look a like, except the new Cambria ones, and there are some gorgeous, realistic options, I was planning to get my marble fix in the bathrooms, but am now thinking I may just stick with quartz. It is just so easy!!

Comments (17)