SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elcamino83

Laundry Rookie here. Could y'all help with my new machine?

elcamino83
8 years ago

Hello! I helped kill my last washing machine. I bought a SQ a month ago, and pledged never to mistreat my appliances again. In that effort, I found this blog about 2 weeks ago, and I learned so much; thank you, I am grateful. I can now be found sneaking off to find new detergents (for this I am not so grateful). Regarding my SQ, I bought Tide with Bleach Powder, and I am now discovering that it is not HE. My machine instructions label this SQ as HE, but it is a TL that fills with water leading me to believe that I can use non HE as long as I don't use the Normal Eco cycle (which I don't). Can someone confirm this, because I am too lazy to return the box to the Big Lots from which it came. Also, the Prewash and Soak functions automatically progress to the wash function. Where do I put the detergent for the wash function? Once I put it in the Fabric Softener dispenser to see what happened. In essence, the liquid was too thick, and I had to clean the dispenser out; also, I would not be able to use powder in this scenario...I really don't want to wait out the soak/pre-wash function just to add detergent at just the right time. Lastly, when washing a dark load in Warm using Cheer liquid, oily looking spots were left on my clothes; so many that I had to rewash. Please point me in the right direction. Thank you. In a post script, I must add that the regulars on this site are some of the kindest people...especially to each other. Even the small disputes and misunderstandings are handled with such care. This is so unique both on the Internet and the real world. Hats off to you.

Comments (50)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH