SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Do you accumulate a lot of stuff or do you keep things purged?

3katz4me
8 years ago

I'm going through things getting ready to move out of the house where we've lived for the last 23 years. I really want to get rid of the junk that's accumulated and not move it. I've been going through our home office - which by the way I completely went through before when we got wood floors installed and new furniture. OMG - I can't believe the useless crap that has accumulated some of which I completely forgot I had. Old bank statements for example. I've been doing a lot of shredding. It seems like every old piece of paper had either an account number or SSN. Then I thought I could just throw away/recycle paper from old accounts that no longer exist. Oh no - they had tax ID numbers (SSNs) on them. And the accumulation of every old iphone and ipad box, none of which have been touched since the devices were removed. And about 100 motorola cords when we haven't had a motorola phone in at least five years - probably longer.

After I got through the office I started going through old books. Finally parted with my somewhat moldy college textbooks. OMG - what was I thinking to keep all this crap. It's such a liberating feeling to purge it. I only hope I can get DH to part with some of his stuff. He doesn't like to throw anything away. I did take the liberty of going through his stuff in the office and tossed the completely useless things. I was really afraid if I didn't just do it, it would be moving with us.

All this made me wonder if other people get rid of this kind of stuff on a regular basis or do you also have a hoard of it somewhere.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
Award-Winning Interior Designer in Loudoun County | 12x Best of Houzz