SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
positively_patty

What would you do with my master bath shower?

positively_patty
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

DH will be going out of town for 2 weeks. I'm hoping to surprise him, but realize that timing isn't the greatest. He won't care if I do this so no worries there.

One of the reasons we haven't done our shower is because we haven't known what to do about it. I'll post some pictures.

This is looking at it from the bedroom door. The cupboards and counter top will go - when DH gets time to build them. The wood tile is new. Eventually we will pain and get new baseboards. In other words this is a real work in progress. The shower is on the left behind the door.

Here you can see the relationship of the shower to the toiler. LOL I left the trash on the toilet after sweeping. Sorry.

Here you see the shower behind the door (before we did the wood like tile). It is not usable at this time (at inspection the faucet shot across the shower). You can't tell, but that shower is 8-10 inches down from the floor. The faucet and shower head are on the right wall. We are definitely filling in the shower floor so it is not a break your neck step into the shower. Oddly, this is also a "bathtub".

I'm just not sure what to do with the opening. I am really not fond of glass doors, but not real excited about curtains either. I worry about glass right there with the door handle even though I know it is tough it will still see some wear where the handle is. The shower space is 36 X 58.5.

We've wondered about doing a curb or not doing a curb. I really like the idea of not having a curb.

The house is 1978. We like updating it, but probably will not stay here forever and high end just won't match the house or neighborhood, but we don't just want to go cheap either.

So what would you do for the opening?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz