SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blckrose

Campanula rapunctuloides

blckrose
8 years ago

A lovely flowering perennial. I fell in love with campanula way back when in a slightly cooler climate I grew C. portenslagiana and C. poscharskyana (I've always thought they must be Russian) in my 'blue' garden. Every winter they put on a beautiful show. This one I picked up at a church-yard fate some years ago and have been dividing it up every spring, but it's struggling a bit here in the (almost) sub-tropics.

Comments (5)

• garyfla_gw
    8 years ago

Hi

Im particularly fond of blue flowers this is a temperate hybrid lobelia Usually when the summer heat hits it croaks but this year it reseeded

Usually blue flowers tend to be purple or lavender but this one always remains blue .and it flowers a LOT lol gary

• Ingrida
    8 years ago

We have a very similar Campanula, but more blue. I too am a blue flower lover. Lobelia is also very familiar and a lovely, strong, blue and grown a lot in hanging baskets.

• blckrose
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Lovely garyfla. Blue always catches the eye. This is a blue clematis that provided a lovely show for a few years but this year I don't think it's going to make it, a bit too warm for most clems where I now am.

• Ingrida
    8 years ago

Do you provide your clem. shade for the roots, with a stone?

• blckrose
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Yes, Inga, I tried to keep them (I've had a few..., and there's one or two still going) cool. I also planted them deep as the clematis gurus advise, and well fed but they are a bit like cantankerous babies, they DEMAND, virtually full-time, attention. I got a soft spot for 'em though they are so beautiful!

Sponsored