SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shopperpicky

How did you decide between white vs. off-white lampshades?

amicus
8 years ago

DD recently bought a new home, that included a lovely floor lamp and table lamp in the living room. The trim/molding around all doors, entryways, and ceilings is quite architectural, and it is all painted a distinctly creamy off-white. So since her living room floor lamp and table lamp will be right beside the significant woodwork of the entryway, she's thinking of switching the bright white lampshades to off-white ones.

This got me to thinking that MY house is the opposite, with all woodwork painted bright, true white. But I happen to have almost cream coloured shades on my living room lamps. I think I was looking at my tan leather sofa set and cream coloured sofa throw and decorative pillows when I bought the lamp shades.

We're wondering, do others decide on off-white vs. white lamp shades by what would look best with the furniture and fabrics in a room, or by which colour would go better with the colour of all their painted woodwork? (Our wall paints looks great with either colour.) DD mentioned that we could actually switch if we wanted to, as her lamps and mine are very similar and would use the same size shades.

Comments (3)