SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Ok call me crazy... I'm trying to root florist roses again...

bethnorcal9
8 years ago

This time I'm soaking them in peroxide and putting them in baggies and misting them. Then they go in the old reptile cage in our enclosed breezeway, with a full spectrum fluorescent light in there. Hopefully this time I will have some success.

I just picked up this gorgeous new one I've never seen before at Safeway market. I love them because they have the names on all the roses they get in and they're only $9.99 a dozen most of the time. Of course at Mother's Day and Valentine's Day they go up double or triple sometimes. This rose is a Tantau one called SHOGUN. My photos can't even show the true color at all. They are actually a very dark plum with black edges and a lavender-mauve center. I imagine as they open up they will become more of a medium to lighter mauve? We'll see. Just potted the stems up. Nice big fat healthy ones with swollen budeyes. Hopefully in a few weeks they'll be rooted!!

SHOGUN

Last week I started myself off with a gorgeous red-orange blend called IGUANA. (Have to have that one because my husband has had so many iguanas in the past. LOL) So far no stems turning black. They look great and have even sprouted growth, which of course doesn't mean they've rooted, but I think it's a good indication they are viable anyway.

Last yr I had zero luck with the florist roses. I did them outside under a framework I made with plastic over it and I had clay rocks underneath with heating pad and fluorescent light. I think they just got too hot and fried. This time I think it's gonna work. Will keep you guys posted!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz