SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bob_davis48

Which ebay seller did you get your adenium seeds seeds from?

Bob Davis
8 years ago

I recently bought 25 Fockea edulis seeds on ebay. I had a 100% success rate! I was so excited I bought some adenium seeds. I wanted to buy local (within the united states) but it was hard to find anyone selling adenium seeds. I finally found someone selling 5 seeds at a time in the US. I bought them and had a zero germination rate. Originally being frightened off by all the sanitary certificates and long waits for seeds coming from over seas I decided I would give it a go. I found an ebay seller that goes by Adenium king ( I had noticed he was the only overseas adenium seller who had a 100% feedback. With all the seeds they sell I thought that was pretty good!) So I bought them. The process was as simple as a regular ebay purchase. Right after the purchase I got an email saying I would be charged an extra 5 dollars for the certificate. (which was already stated in the ebay description so I was expecting it.) Combined shipping on Adenium Arabicum Black Knight Dwf. and Adenium Arabicum white Giant. I bought 20 seeds of each and 25 came in the packet. it was fairly cheap. I finally received them today. 2 weeks later. I soaked them for about 3 hours and put them into a plug tray with a humidity top (not dome yet.) I used a mix with small pumice, sand and organic matter,very fast draining cactus mix. I then placed the seed horizontally on top and covered them entirely with fine vermiculite. My horticulture teacher taught me to sow seeds like that. it allows light to get to the seed, for seeds that might need light to germinate, keeps them covered so they stay moist, and the vermiculite is very light so the plant can easily push it out of the way. I moved them into a dimly lit room. and now I wait. I am not using any bottom heat this time. the room they are in is pretty warm. So in about a week I will write back and let everyone know how the Adenium King seeds worked out for me. As far as the adenium seeds that had zero germ. rate. It was a USA Based seller. I wont put their name out there. But it is the only USA based adenium seller that sells 5 seeds at a time. If anyone else has used any other ebay source with success I would love to hear who you used! I am going to be growing under lights this season since I know its early autumn and not early spring which is probably the worse thing you could do. But I have complete control of the environment I am growing it as far as length of light, temps, etc. Come this spring I plan on ordering a lot more. Dont know from who yet though. will keep you posted. Thanks!

Comments (48)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES