SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lineterry

Need Faucet for Kohler Conical Bell Vessel Sink

lineterry
8 years ago

Any experience and happy faucet experiences for this sink style both in faucet specifications (height to spout and spout reach) and positioning (distance from rim)?

I got a great deal on a Kohler Conical Bell sink - pennies on the dollar. It's gorgeous, but now I have to figure out how to install it so that water doesn't splash. The sink depth is 4 1/4", set into the counter so that the height about the counter surface is 3". It's a biggish sink - the overall diameter = 16 1/4" (basin diameter + 15 7/8/"). Center drain, so the exact center / radius would be 8 1/8".

I don't want the faucet to be too high (likely to splash), but I also don't want one that is so close to the sink that it's hard to get your hands under (ick and pain the the neck). I've experienced both in restaurants:) Positioning is also a question.

I've done a bunch of looking on line, but there's not a lot of specific advice for this particular sink - it all seems trial and error based with a few basic parameters. I've seen advice that says the faucet should be centered over the drain
(at 8+ inches, that's a big spout reach)and other advice that says to
position it away from the drain. And that slope plays into it. Yeah,
but I need to work it for THIS sink!

It's going to be installed in a stone counter top, so once the hole is drilled, it's a done deal. Because of the size of the sink and the space, the faucet will not be mounted at the back - more like ~1:30 if the back of the sink is 12 on a clock face.

Thanks for any advice from experience with this sink.

Comments (9)