SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandyy27

help! trying to establish a new lawn....

sandyy27
8 years ago

I have decided this is the year I start my lawn and garden (extreme beginner here!). Ive started digging up my old lawn (I should say old weed! Thats all that was there) my soil varys alot, from clay soil full of rocks to rather sandy soil. My yard is also very unlevel (tilting down towards my house!), so im currently ripping it all up (bigger job than first anticipated) and than plan to bring in topsoil and get it level. I have a very large yard (only doing the front to begin with). My clay soil is riddled with rocks (rocks varying in size from 3-30mm). In certain sections 5-10cm down is almost unbreakable, clay just full of rocks and so compact I have trouble getting the pick through! so finally to my questions! One is will these rocks effect the lawn I intended to put in? I have been going through the soil and pulling them out along with the weeds, and that seems to be the most time consuming part! Question two is about the clay/rock clumps 5-10cm down, do I need to dig those up and remove the rocks? Or is it deep enough down it wont effect my lawn?Sorry for such a long post, but im clueless when It comes to gardening, and ive been spending hours removing rocks! Dont want to do it if it isnt nessacary! Any help is appreciated :)

Comment

Sponsored