SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22590553

Everyday dinner plate suggestions.

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Now I need plates. My main dishes have been Corelle. (I know, I know everybody here dislikes the brand.) I pulled plates from the dishwasher the other day and noticed there's chipping all around the edges. I can't imagine this happened in one wash, but I don't know how I missed it before.

Not quite as bad as this photo I found online.

I use Seventh Generation powder dishwasher detergent. My set has a pattern and I was planning on buying another set of dinner plates in plain white until I saw this. Now I feel like it would make sense to get rid of these and go with another brand. What though? Grew up using Corelle so I was used to the feel and weight. I'd prefer the plates to not be rough on the bottom because our counters are solid surface and can scratch. Not really sure how picky I can be here. I know quite a few people with old school Corelle dishes that are mint so I'm assuming the brand just isn't made the same.

Everyday dish suggestions? Preferably just plain white. I'll also note that the idea of buying dishes is about as exciting to me as buying car tires.

At a quick glance maybe Crate and Barrel's Essential Dinnerware? (since I need everything now)

Createandbarrel essential

Annnnd looking again I'm not sure I care for how flared the plates are.

Thanks!

Comments (41)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm