SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andy_curry98

UMASS Soil Test Results - Advice Appreicated

Andy Curry
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi All, Looking for advice on how to proceed. New construction home with new lawn seeded in May of 2015. Due to sub optimal seeding time, the lawn was overrun with disease and subsequently weeds. Labor day weekend I scalped the lawn, ran a dethatcher in at least two directions, and overseeded with a classen overseeder. Watering 3x / day 10 minutes per zone. The original seeding was 1/3 pinnacle II perennial rye, 1/3 kbg, and 1/3 fescue. I'd say majority of lawn established as perennial rye, with no kbg, and minimal fescue. I overseeded with a kbg mix (rhythm, parkland, rhapsody), and have started to see some germination. I spent considerable time reading on this forum and others about the mixed results overseeing kbg into established pr. I decided it was worth the risk, and not why I'm here. Looking for advice on how to bring soil into optimum ph range, while possibly bringing mg and k to tolerable levels, while being mindful of the lawn's "infantile" status. What do you recommend for the remainder of 2015 growing season, and should I consider for 2016 growing season treatments? I'm not opposed to mixing in some organics along with synthetics if it will help achieve an optimal result. Any advice is appre

cated!

Comments (3)