SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Two Middle September Re-bloomers!

organic_kitten
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

When I went out to assess how much work I still needed to do to have the entire garden ready to go into the much cooler weather that will eventually get here, I found two re-bloom scape on plants that had long since finished their season;

Purple Honey Creeper:

And Just For Mimi:

It looks so nice to have a couple of blooms at this time of year. We have had some cooler weather and have another couple cool days coming, and I am taking advantage of those cool days. I put out 30 cubit feet of mulch today, mainly on the walks in the back. I reset the path stones, and did a significant amount of weeding, but I am fast coming to the end of the main back garden work. the regular daylilies are weeded and mulched, and the iris bed is done there. I still have some rose bed work to do, and the roses are in a little fall flush already which is nice.

One old disappearing daylily bed to work, a path to spray with grass and weed killer, the original iris bed to do, last one of them, and some plants to remove and give away...beginning to look doable.

kay

Comments (7)

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz