SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merlena87

A request/challenge to try different rootstocks

Sara-Ann Z6B OK
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

If any members other than me would be interested, I would like to suggest that for the 2016 season we could plant the same variety of rose on more than one rootstock. The variety or varieties you choose would be strictly your choice, also the rootstocks, or own-root if you wanted to try that too. Some examples would be planting a Folklore on multiflora and Dr. Huey or if you were in the right zone planting a Moonstone on fortuniana and Dr. Huey, or all three and add an own.root if you would like to. Try to plant them in similar growing conditions. Having members from different zones and areas of the country would make it even better.

One reason I'm going to try this is because I'm not totally convinced about which rootstock I prefer. And I think it could be helpful and informative if there were enough participants.

Since this is totally informal and voluntary if enough of you seem interested I'll post a reminder from time to time. I want to give others time to think about your choices, etc.

i am inviting input from others too.

Comments (24)