SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kbear_15

Silly questions related to visiting your build site & questions for GC

kbear_15
8 years ago

These questions may seem silly to some, but I would greatly appreciate other's input/opinions.

1. Is it okay to ask the builder the "schedule" for the week - so I know what is supposed to happen that week, what days/hours the workers will be there? Just curious if there's an unwritten "rule" about this?

2. Is it okay to visit the site while the workers are there and take pictures? or that is best done "after hours" when no one is at the site? (I ask b/c I've seen some people's new build blogs showing pictures with workers/crews in the pictures). I have not done this myself.

3. Footers and 8 ft basement concrete walls were just poured ~2 days ago.

a) How do you know if the basement has been waterproofed/sealed?

b) How do you access/get "inside" the house? (I'll attach pics so it may make more sense for you) - I can walk the perimeter/outside walls of the basement, and there are two small holes in the basement walls that allow me to go inside the garage, but that's it. There is no "hole" anywhere to get "inside" the house - I'd like to be able to get in there and take pictures and clean up. Is the crew using ladders to get in and out?

4) I'll attach some pics after this post - just curious what I'm looking at regarding pipes. I was told my HWT, furance, etc would all be going in one location in the basement but I'm wondering if that's not the case...would love to know what I'm talking about before calling the GC.

5) If there are plans to rough-in a 1/2 bath in the basement - when does this occur during the build? Should I see anything right now?

Thanks so much! I greatly appreciate everyone's input.

Comments (20)