SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Oklahoma Drought Monitor 09/08/2015: Drought Spreads

I've linked the Oklahoma Drought Monitor Map for this week below. The updated map is released on Thursday of each week, but only includes moisture recorded prior to the cutoff time of 7 a.m. on Tuesday, so rain that falls after that time is not reflected on the map until the following week.

Drought continues to spread northward and westward from southern OK, and most locations in southern OK did not get enough rain this week to really affect the drought conditions in any sort of meaningful way, so I don't think we'll see many positive changes in this map next week either.

This week's Oklahoma Drought Monitor Map

I also am going to link the whole U. S. Drought Monitor Map just to show how much better off we are than the entire western portion of the U.S.A., which is mired in the same kind of multiyear drought that plagued some portions of OK for the last few years. When you look at this map, it is easy to understand why the western wildfires have been so prolific and horrific this year. I hope that El Nino brings them some relief. Unfortunately, drought relief is a two-edged sword often accompanied by flooding.

U. S. Drought Monitor Map

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting