SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

Miele Ultra White arrived & a pic of my current Favs!

larsi_gw
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Miele Ultra White arrived this afternoon, and wow...it smells great!! Before I even opened the outer box, I could smell it. Little did I know the plastic bag inside the Miele box had opened up during transit :-o Holy powder everywhere!!! Anyway, can't wait to use it. My next whites load will not be until probably Mon or Tues next week!

I have been giving away products that either I do not use very often, do not love or do not like. Like with clothes or shoes...if you do not use them regularly, or do not have the desire to use or wear....donate or give away.

Here is a line up of products that seem to suit all my washing needs and wants. On the 2nd shelf (not shown) is a bottle of Shout stain remover and a box of Tide Washing Machine Cleaner packs (love them!)

Powder for whites. Powder for colours. STPP. Oxi powder. Bounce Bursts in wash scent booster. Softener (Miele softener is behind the Downy bottle. :)

P.S. The A&H powder is under the sink. I kept that for beach/pool towels, throw blankets, doggie bed, etc, etc...items that do not require Miele soap!

Comments (44)

• Laundry Mich
    8 years ago

I love the little Persil lady, you have framed up ;)

Beyond that, Bounce Bursts, what do you think of them? :)

• larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

L O V E Bounce Bursts! I mean LOVE. They smell exactly like Bounce dryer sheets, and they do lightly soften and condition laundry. Cannot recommend enough.

The little Persil tin/plaque is cut off in the pic....I bought her in Berlin, at a "Flohmarkt" :)

• Related Discussions

Arm & Hammer Ultra Power Packs 4 in 1 Detergent

Q

Comments (36)
    Sparky, did you read one of my other posts where I said I have a tabelspoon and a shot glass ready for measuring? Did you think I was measuring detergent with a shot glass? Haha...just kidding ..but I probably will become flustered. I did use the A&H paks in my roper and with the hard agitation not a bubble. Before I wash a load I'm running the sheets thru with no detergent I want to see how much detergent residue I've been sleeping with..and you know I'm gonna equate it with dirty sheets. Lol. I don't think there will be much residue in the sheets I'm very picky about the bedding, but I'm prepared to be shocked.
    ...See More

MamaPinky...THANK YOU!!! Package arrived today!!!

Q

Comments (24)
    I right away emailed Mitch, and sadly...NO response. Also, he has not responded to any of the replies in this thread. It was so awesome to hear from our GREATLY missed Mitch. Maybe he really does not want to talk or interact with any of us :( Mitch....come back. You are important to us! Mama's vintage Cascade powder. WOW!!!! I ran a load last night...crusted, baked on lasagna pan, plates, bowls, utensils, cups, mixing bowls, silverware....NO rinsing. NO prewash. NO extended wash. NO soak. NO turbo. Just Sensor wash (automatic) and some of this phosphate rich, sadly long gone Cascade powder....FLAWLESS everything! Alex....I wonder how adding STPP with my Cascade Complete powder will do, or with Finish powder. Cascade Complete does a pretty good job, actually a great job on most things....but it can struggle with stainless pots/pans and I find some hard, white residue powder on the inside, top of door seal each time I use it. Odd. Does not happen with Finish powder!
    ...See More

Current Laundry Product stash

Q

Comments (41)
    I had just read this thread and happened to be standing in the laundry aisle at a big box store and right in front of me was White Brite. I have never heard of it before and not 5 minutes after reading about there it was. I took it as a sign and added it to my growing stash. And to think all I used to have was, All Free liquid, Shout Stain Stick, Oxi Clean and Chlorine Bleach. Now each week I add something new and my dishwasher hoard is beginning. I bought Finish Tabs today to add to Cascade and Dropps. This forum is an enabler for my shopping. Thank you, I love it. lol
    ...See More

Should I paint my interior in BM Dove Wing? White Dove? Leave as is?

Q

Comments (12)
    Here are 4 of the colors we have talked about in above comments..marscapone can give off the slightest tint of green...Dove Wing is a beautiful neutral white you can’t go wrong using it any space....Pale Oak is one of my favs it is still light but gives a soft warm glow..allows trim to contrast.
    ...See More
  • larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Nice and orginized Larsi..only one thing missing..sodium percarbonate, I think you should buy some, its less pricy than the oxiclean, its 99% pure so no fillers and zero suds..and if you think oxi boosters from the store whiten wow sodium percarbonate is way way better.

larsi_gw thanked mamapinky0
  • mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Back away from Ms Persil Mich...she's taken..haha

• Laundry Mich
    8 years ago

Gotta get in with Larsi and join him on these flea market trips ;) lol

• Laundry Mich
    8 years ago

@mamapinky, I think he just likes the scent of Tide "Oxy" Boost ;) Doesn't surprise me, I like the clean scent too.

Best part though, was when it first came out, I found it on sale for $7.99 and had a $4 Coupon. Score!

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

There is a huge indoor and outdoor flea market in my town, I have people looking for vintage detergent and empty vintage detergent boxes for me, I was so pissed last spring I missed a box of lemon fresh Fab unopened and free moving ..it still hurts lol.

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

I have never tried the Tide oxi boost..does it also have enzymes along with the oxi..like Biz?

• Laundry Mich
    8 years ago

No, it's just Soda Ash & Oxy... along with some strong surfactants, and builders ;)

It's noticeable though, that it cleans better than OxyClean, that's for sure. And I've used Pure Sodium Percarbonate (Ecover Oxygen Bleach).... but, it became too hard for me to locate :/

• larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

LOL again Mitch....it's like you know me. Do you? I buy Tide oxi for the clean, light scent, and do find it whitens, removes stains and deodorizes better than OxiClean! Win, Win for me.

Tide Oxi contains : Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Percorbonate and a nonionic surfactant as Mitch said.

• Pawprint
    8 years ago

larsi - what is your mailing address? Your shelf is missing a gallon of Sun detergent I can mail you some.

Also I don't see any liquid detergent. In my observations at the store, powered detergent is almost phased out. The largest stocked quantity is liquid or those pods. Now I realize you don't buy laundry detergent at the grocery store. But why is your preference powder?

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Thank you both...Mich I loved Ecovers Oxygen Bleach, they discontinued it, which was nuts, as it was a huge seller.most pure you can get now is 99%, which is what I buy, frankly I don't notice a difference from Ecovers.

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Lol Paw...that Sun will work fine for clothes that are moderatly soiled, which Is a good thing since you have a lifetime supply lol.

• larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

@ pawprint...From my very first front loader, I was "instructed" to use powder. I have though used liquids...Tide, Persil, Clorox Green Works, Gain, The Laundress, etc, etc.

The general consensus is that powder detergent, when properly dosed, is much less likely to contribute to mold/slime or mildew in front loading machines.

I also find powder detergents to rinse easier, and my laundry always "feels deeper" cleaned, than when using liquid. I don't dislike liquids, I just greatly prefer powder detergents!

• Laundry Mich
    8 years ago

I think I remember you talking about Green Works. You liked it a lot, but it was too sudsy, and you gave it away to a neighbor.

I really like the smell of Gain, I mean, it's different. Although, I've never done more than a single load with it. Probably should try playing with the dosing again. Although... I Really wish I could get a bottle of German DASH ;)

• Laundry Mich
    8 years ago

@pawprint1, it's funny. It seems like there's a huge attraction to Pods at the moment, and the liquid sales are slumping. Beyond that though, living in a huge college area, I've been shocked at the sheer volume of kids my age pushing carts of TIDE Powder around the store.

I don't think Powder is dieing off. At-least, where I am, it seems like there's still a large selection. Now... if that'll change in the next coming years, is a different story.

• Laundry Mich
    8 years ago

The thing about Powder is, almost every powder contains some sort of Oxygen Bleach... which is anti-bacterial due to it's hydrogen peroxide content. So, mold and other bacteria-haven's don't have such a good chance.

And of course, the oxygen bleach & general alkalinity of Powder's, tend to do a good number on tough stains. I mean, they just lift off like absolute magic ;)

The same can't be said for most Liquids. I feel like you have to re-wash things more often, with liquid detergent's but that's just me.

• Laundry Mich
    8 years ago

@Larsi, I swear I don't know you. I've just spent so much time reading this forum over the years, lol. :)

I like the Tide Oxi too :) Nice, clean scent, and works better than Oxi-Clean... and I think it's cheaper :D

• Pawprint
    8 years ago

Also! The boxes of powdered detergent is so small these days. Back in the 70's a good Tide box was huge. We have so evolved.

• Laundry Mich
    8 years ago

I love this ;)

• larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Yes, Mitch I still LOVE the scent of Clorox Green Works, but it is SUDS-o-RAMA in a front loader. It does work great, but the suds during the wash and rinses are crazy!

I like pods, but they seem to be not great in the Miele. I've had 3 not dissolve completely now....so I am sticking with powder. I've not written liquids off, and sometimes I do switch to it, but I always return and stay with powders the longest.

I know you don't or can't post a pic just yet...but can we ask where you are located? State and major city? For being so young, you know a lot about laundry and products. I'm glad and happy to know that at 20, I wasn't so weird. LOL ;)

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

MamaPinky in her younger years lol

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Paw, I love those old boxes of detergent.

• Laundry Mich
    8 years ago

@pawprint, there's a reason the box changed so much. Back in the Late 80's P&G begin to catch wind of the fact, that a Phosphate phaseout was inevitable. So, they begin working on new "Ultra-Tide" formula's.

Initially, they tried the formula's out in a few select areas, Maryland was one of them, without phosphates. (Keep in mind, Maryland was introducing legislation to ban Phosphates, due to there perceived effect on the Chesapeake river, at the time)...

The secret was, they had never introduced very much oxygen bleach into there formula. So, the new "Tide" formula, was still very effective. And apparently, effective enough, because, eventually most consumers we're buying the new "Ultra" boxes, even though logically the cleaning powder wasn't the same. (MD has very, very hard water)

Anyhow, back in 1993... the Detergent Industry, "voluntarily" decided to withdraw Phosphates completely from all Laundry Products. So, P&G begin production of Ultra Tide for the entire country. And... Laundry has never been the same since.

Then... in Late 2009, P&G, decided to go even further, and change the "Ultra" concept again, to be 33% more concentrated. Suddenly, the scoop was smaller, and most consumers thought it didn't clean as well. Personally, I don't think it does, but that's just me.

And... we still have that formula today. Yet, with a very different (I gag) scent. And... I still wonder what Laundry would be like, if laundry products still contained Phosphates like they do overseas (Australia is a wonderful example) :)

• Laundry Mich
    8 years ago

Not to sound like a "woe, woe is me" kid.... but every single one of you, are so damn lucky. You all got to live through the phosphate detergent era. Every single box you touched, we're chock full of the magical chemical wonders, lol.

Most kids, my age will never get to experience any of the cleaning wonders. And I think it's sad.

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

**Cleaning Wonders** and that it was Mich, clothes were clean, bright, white.. (sorry fror stealing Purex's slogan) lol. We knew our laundry would be clean, and we knew they would be rinsed. Maybe that's why so many of us obsess over clean laundry now, because we don't know if that coffee stain will come out or if the laundry is going to be stiff from poor rinsing. There's a host of chemicals now days to do what one cup of detergent used to do, most of the time. Yes our clothes were clean, soft, and fresh smelling. I also think its sad that my kids and all the younger generation will never experience that, now there's a ton of chemicals in detergent to do the job that once phosphates did on their own, and still it doesn't come close enough to do the job right. But, phosphates were removed for a reason, oh I know were told it was banned due to algie growth, but we flush more phosphates down the tolet everyday than we would doing laundry, besides, didn't the removal of phosphates from detergent only decrease the algie blooms by 3%. I'm all for a cleaner healthier world, but when phosphates were removed, didn't more toxic chemicals take their place?

• miami mami
    8 years ago

All this talk of powders are making me wish i could get my hands on a box of original OXYDOL! Or Gain w bleach powder. I miss those 2 SO much. Havnt found anything to take their place as far as scent.

• Jean
    8 years ago

Miami mami have you tried the Gain Icy Fresh Fizz? That might be close but I don't know. It has a risp clean smell

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

I'm not a Gain fan, but out of all the Gain flavors the icy fresh fizz is the best, IMO.

Mami, do the sniff test at the store..lift the box up, put your nose against the cracks in the box, and sniff lol. Cant tell you how many people hsve caught me doing this. Lol

• larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

O M F G!!! I am SO, SO happy MamaPinky I know you & you posted about the sniff test. Months ago when P&G ruined Tide powder and Tide with Bleach powder, I drove to 3 Target stores, a Walmart and at least 5 grocery stores. I got a shopping cart, went to the laundry aisle and proceeded to place every box of Tide he powder in the cart. I then gave each one a good shake, then while trying to press the box like an accordion....I would sniff a corner of the box, to see if the powder was the REAL original Tide, or the ruined scent.

I cannot tell you how many stares and cray cray side eye looks I got!!!

• Jean
    8 years ago

So glad I am not the only one who does this! My kids even get in on it. I do it all the time and don't give a damn what anyone thinks when I do it-a benefit of being 48! We are all crazy!

larsi_gw thanked Jean
  • georgect
    8 years ago

Oh hell yeah...I frek'n smell everything, not just detergents & fabric softeners.

Everything that has a scent I smell first! If I don't like the smell then on to the next.

Be careful though when sniffing powders. Some times you can get a puff of fine powder up your nose and it BURNS! LOL, just be careful, don't sniff TOO hard.

larsi_gw thanked georgect
  • vetwife1998
    8 years ago

@mama pinky. I was the one talking about "huffing" laundry products. ;)

larsi_gw thanked vetwife1998
  • Rault85
    8 years ago

I do the sniff thing when Im at the store and when Im at home pouring or scooping. I've even gotten off the couch just to walk to the laundry room to get a quick sniff haha

George, so funny you should mention that! Last year when I was 8 months pregnant, I was talking on the phone and measuring some Tide w/ bleach powder and mindlessly took a BIG whiff.... I snorted about half a tablespoon and OMG the pain! I fell to my knees holding my head.. blood and snot getting all over everything. It was bad, I had a horrible headache for a few days.... smelled nothing but Tide for about a week.

• miami mami
    8 years ago

I'll give the icy fizz a try! That's the one they replaced the gain w bleach. I'll def do the sniff test 1st though, even though it's hard to get a whiff of powders thru the box!

• miami mami
    8 years ago

And yeah at age 44 I don't care what ppl think I've been sniffing detergent since I was a kid lol. It could be worse I've heard of ppl with PICA who actually eat it.

• mamapinky0
    8 years ago

Larsi have you had a chance to use the Miele White yet? I have my sheets in the dryer now washed in Miele White and I used my Miele FS..from you. They smelled great comming out of the washer. I don't usually use FS on sheets, but thought I'd give it a shot.lol

• larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Mama...Whites usually get done on Mon or Tues. I ALWAYS use a softener on sheets and bath towels, but never on kitchen or handtowels!

Next week I get to try your Tandil on my colours & darks and Miele Ultra White on my whites. Next week will be so exciting!!!! LMAO. It is so very, very sick that I am pumped for next week, to try new detergents. It is such a high. LOL. My Mom & the spouse think/know I am sick! Ha ha ha

• enduring
    8 years ago

Went to the Miele showroom at the Merchandise Mart today while visiting Chicago and our daughter.

Glamor shot:

Dove chocolate, liquid detergent for darks, color detergent, and the detergent for whites.

Talked to the district and regional managers that were there today and was told that in the U.S. Miele doesn't list size of washer, but instead state that the Touchtronic will wash a queen sized quilt, and the little Giant will wash a King sized quilt. I could not get them to commit to any information on volume numbers. I did get reassurance that if I need repair help on my W3033, there will be certified help, maybe from Minneapolis. I live in central Iowa, 4 hours away from the twin cities. I loved hearing that.

Darn, I forgot to look inside the Little Giant! And I'm almost at the Iowa boarder on my way home. I did look at their induction range though, and it is a beauty.

larsi_gw thanked enduring
  • Laundry Mich
    8 years ago

I'd love to go to a Miele store. Seems like tons of fun :D

• enduring
    8 years ago

Yes, it was all elegance and the shopping bags were great. I love Chicago, it's something else. Everyone I meet is helpful, curious, and kind. Even if sometimes they honk at you if you don't move like a race house out of the gate when the light turns green ;)

• larsi_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

@ enduring....We switched to Induction several years ago, and I will never, never, never own a gas range/cooktop or regular electric ever again! It is my FAV kitchen appliance!!!! FAST, silent, cool to the touch, full clean up in 30 seconds (even bacon grease or stir frys).

Bummer you did not play with the PW6065 (Little Giant).....so fun!!!