SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zepanamrod

Most flavor-packed, powerfully, intensely flavored mandarin/tangerine?

zepanamrod
8 years ago

I am in florida gulf coast pinellas zone 10, looking for mandarin or tangerine trees for my yard. I want the absolute most potent, strongly flavored type of mandarins/tangerines that exist. Im NOT looking for mild or weak flavored mandarins. For example, valencia orange is weak and mild, I want the opposite of that. Im looking for the for the varieties of mandarin that burst with so much flavor and aroma, it will fill your whole house up with the smell of tangy, pungent, orangy citrus. There are so many varieties to choose from, and I cant taste them all myself, so its almost overwhelming to try to decide on a specific cultivar.

I have heard good things about Kishu, gold nugget, ponkan, and owari satsuma. What about lee, page, dancy, murcott, and all the others I cant think of because there are so many... I just want the mandarins that are the most fully concentrated with flavor. And doesnt necessarilly have to be the sweetest, but sweet is always good. Im not worried about ease of peeling or number of seeds, just strictly flavor strength. (I already have meiwa kumquat, and it is pretty potent and zesty, I love it)

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Sponsored
More Discussions