SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newmexmike

Need Help Identifying a Pest on Pepper Plants

newmexmike
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Some pests are affecting my pepper plants and I need some help identifying them. I was hoping for some help.

• The pests are incredibly small. To the naked eye (with good vision), they look like they are just a tiny white dot. About a pinhole in size.
  • Under 40x magnification, they look like a semi-transparent white bubble. It looks like they have 6 legs plus two long antenna in the front. Because they are so tiny, they might have 8 legs.
  • The bugs move very fast given their size. There aren't many of them, but they are quite active when I find them--usually one or two at a time.
  • The bugs don't seem to fly away when you shake leaves. They don't appear to have wings.
  • I'm only seeing the pest on the top of the leaves--not on the bottom.
  • I'm seeing no sticky sap associated with aphids. I'm seeing no white pinholes in the plant leaves from spider mites, however the infestation might not be bad enough to see such symptoms.
  • The pest is damaging the tips of the leaves, but not so much the base of the leaves. I see white specs (possibly eggs) at the tips of the leaves on top.

I'd love to hear what kind of bug you think this is!

Comments (4)