SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plan2remodel

Need help with Window treatment for Dining Rm

plan2remodel
8 years ago

When I first moved into my house, I installed honeycomb shades and a balloon valence in the living room and dining room and then added side panels to the window in the dining room. I've decided to change the window treatment in both rooms, but not sure which type of treatment to use.

Both rooms face north, toward the street. There's no casing around the windows.

I've had no problems with the honeycomb shades - just need a change. The balloon valences were "dated" and impossible to clean.

I was thinking about Hunter Douglas Silhouettes, but I don't like the large header on the top.

I want flexibility in bringing in light during the day, but need privacy in the evening. I want two layers, i.e., curtain panels on the sides and some sort of shade or sheer behind the panels.

Here's a "before" picture of the dining room, with the honeycomb shade pulled up all the way. I no longer have the dining room set. The chandelier will soon be replaced with a more contemporary fixture. The wood flooring has changed from red oak to white oak and the room is still blue - but more of a silvery blue grey (BM Silver Cloud instead of BM White Satin),

Comments (7)