SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uscroy

Feedback on kitchen layout please

uscpsycho
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I am remodeling my kitchen and expanding it by ten feet. Doing this for the first time it's a little hard to envision what it's going to look like and how to best lay things out in such a large kitchen. I've spent some good hours with a KD but I think sometimes you start down a path and stick with it until everything fits and looks right. But maybe there was another path that would have been better.

I'd like your feedback on this. I attached renderings with annotations of what goes where.

I actually like this a lot. But I just want to make sure I'm not making any fatal flaws that we overlooked. I didn't annotate the insides of the cabinets to show where I have regular shelves or pullouts but I can if that's important.

This might be a bizarre concern but I'm not sure I have enough regular short drawers (as opposed to pull out cabinets).

I'd prefer to swap the fridge and freezer so the fridge is closer to the island but it's not an option because I'm buying a clearance set and the fridge/freezer are hinged the way they are. In the rendering the fridge & freezer are french door style but they are actually up/down configuration with a single hinged door on top and two pull out drawers below. So it would be really weird to swap them.

The hidden sink is where I plan to be messy and not have to worry about constantly cleaning. Where I grind my coffee, make my smoothies, do all the messy stuff. I'm calling it a prep sink but not using it as one. There is a lift up hinged door concealing this counter for access. Clearance might not be great for really tall people but should be OK for over 95% of the population (6'2" or less).

Comments (36)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville