SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
namarie

Home build- how much is too much when it comes to matching lighting?

namarie
8 years ago

We are building a new home in the middle of the city I live in. The style of the house is very modern and somewhat industrial. I'm struggling with lighting. I have selected three light fixtures for the main floor (kitchen, dining area and powder room) that are bronze/black with exposed lights and coordinate because they will be right next to each other. I have a similar industrial light fixture lining the entrance hall to the house. But I don't know how far to carry the "theme" without the lights being too matching. We plan to have brushed nickel ceiling fans in two of the three bedrooms (we live in NC so it's necessary) and had selected very simple modern brushed nickel lights for the en suite bathrooms, but I don't love them and wonder if we should be going with something more similar to the lights in the public areas of the house. For reference, these are the lights we have picked so far.

I am thinking of swapping out the bathroom vanity light in the guest bath for this, but worry I'm taking the theme too far. (There will be other lighting in the room as well.)

And in general I have no idea what to do in my and my husband's bathrooms now that we aren't sure about the brushed nickel sconce that we had originally picked out. Does anyone have any thoughts on lights for the bathrooms that will be modern industrial without looking like I've carried the exposed lightbulb theme too far?

Comments (6)