SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mermanmike

Need help laying out a master bathroom in an old farmhouse

mermanmike
8 years ago

I mostly hang around the kitchen forum, but we are now ready to finalize the plan for our master bathroom, and I am feeling stuck re: the floorplan. Our original plan was to use this long rectangular space for a master bath, powder room, and laundry room, as per the architect's original drawing (which includes a clawfoot tub/shower combo):

Recently, however, we decided to reclaim the space allocated to the new laundry room. We were going to demo the original laundry room, but have decided to keep it to devote extra room to the master bathroom addition. This will allow us to use the clawfoot tub exclusively as a tub and to build a walk-in shower addition. I have the following two ideas, which are done roughly in Paint for general layout purposes, so everything is not totally centered and so forth. What do you think? Do you have any other ideas for a layout that I'm not seeing?

The above layout is the one I'm leaning toward. We'd add a window in front of the toilet in the power room for light in that room. However, I also had the following idea, which is a little more wacky but interesting to me. The door in the shower leads out onto a private screened in porch. That tiled area in front of the door would act as place to dry off after a shower. Sorry to be so long-winded. I've been overthinking this bathroom for quite a while...

or, with sliding closet doors opening from inside the bathroom.

Comments (5)