SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Library wall

IdaClaire
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I'm sure you're sick of me. I'm sick of me too. I just have so many ideas and questions now that we are in our new home though, and hope you will bear with me. (Or ignore me. Heh.). I realize there is plenty of time to pull this all together, but I still want to gather thoughts and more ideas NOW.

This is our upstairs library. How would you treat the long (13.5 foot) wall behind the round table and chairs? We intend to use this as a game table - we will never dine here. The wall just to the left where the extremely overloaded little bookcase now sits will be wall to wall built-in bookshelves one of these days. There will be plantation shutters on the windows where the temp paper shades now hang. My initial thought is to create a wall full of art, hanging several pieces around the large painting (that will be reframed) in the center. DH is going to balk at the idea of a cluttered wall though, so please let me know if you have any other suggestions. I still have a lot of artwork to display and want to use as much of it as I can find an appropriate space for in this house. I don't want it to look junky though.

We are still in the process of unpacking and arranging so excuse the rest of the room and try to envision my - well, VISION! ;-)

Comments (10)