SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Is this Souvenir de Mme Leonie Viennot?

bethnorcal9
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I understand you guys over here on the Antique Forum like to figure out unknown roses. And being this has to be one of my tea roses, I'm sure I'll have better luck with you than on the Name That Rose Forum. I haven't taken the time to dive into this bed where this rose is planted. It's waaaay overgrown with various tea roses and lilies and some odd bulbs and perennials, plus a dratted clematis I can't seem to get under control. (it's a house-eater) Anyway... I have in this general location, SVR DE MME LEONIE VIENNOT, DUCHESS DE BRABANT, ROSETTE DELIZY, LADY HILLINGDON, LEONIE LAMESCH and some unknown apricot mini rose. I don't recall planting any other roses in this section of this bed. SdMLV has bloomed in the past, but never looked like this. I tried to follow the cane back to its base yesterday, but it doesn't really appear to be coming from exactly the spot where she's planted, unless she shot a runner up somehow. The bloom is nothing like the ones I've seen on her in the past. But I saw a few pics on HMF that look kinda like this. I'm sure it's just some sort of mutant from this weird weather. Oh the bloom was about 3" and I did not check scent. Maybe I should go take another look at it today.

This is pic from last yr:

I dunno. I just can't see how it could be this rose, but maybe?

Comments (9)