SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mkuyekawa

DCS 30 vs Wolf 30 vs DCS 36

mkuyekawa
8 years ago

New to GW. I have been reading everything on this website for a few weeks now. For those of us who have the need to research everything twice, analyze and overanalyze, this has been both a blessing and a curse. I see many "regulars". Do you get paid, work in the industry, or just do this as a hobby? Anyway, thank you all.

Here's what I need help deciding. I need an AG range, 30" or 36". After much research I have narrowed it down to a DCS 30", a Wolf 30", or for $400 more (not including the increase cost of a 36" vent) a DCS 36" (36" Wolf is out of budget.).

If you have any opinions about any of THESE, I would love to hear them. Please don't tell me I should consider X, Y, or Z.... trust me, I have considered ALL of them and have ruled them out for my purposes. If you suggest I look at something else I will pull my hair out.

Here are my pro/cons. I know there is info on all of these issues out there, but if you have any input about these relative to the above choice I'd appreciate it.

Cooktop: DCS is stainless, Wolf is porcelain. I like the look of porcelain and it seems like it would clean more easily but many seem to think the SS cleans well.

Racks: Wolf does not have the sliding racks, DCS does. Sure seems like a great feature. Looks like I can buy sliding racks for the Wolf for about $150 each though.

Burner arrangement: DCS 30 has a 5 burner arrangement that looks like it might be very functional. I can see myself using the middle burner often.

Customer Service/ Reliability: Reviews seem pretty good on both but I have heard more positives about Wolf.

Both ranges appear to have good power as well as good simmer ability.

I am concerned about the DCS noisy fan (haven't heard it, just read about it) and its relatively short oven (10.5" usable vertical space). Anyone have problems there?

As for Wolf, I am concerned about the reports of burner going out when the oven is on. I am also worried about spilling things down the open vents that are in the back.

As to the 30" vs 36" debate, I have read the arguments about that too. Bigger seems nice but is it worth the extra cost? Also affecting that decision is if I get the 36", it comes with the FP dishwasher drawers (which I accounted for in my price difference above), whereas if I get the 30" I will go with Bosch or Miele.

Thank you!

Comments (3)