SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jchasens

White/Gray kitchen countertops - Ceasarstone or Antolini quartz or ???

We are doing a total kitchen remodel and everything except the floors is being replaced. The floors are slate in a versailles pattern, mostly dark gray with some dark golden brown. The current kitchen has white cabinets with a light gray laminate counter and I want to stay with either a white or pale gray painted cabinet or a white oak/pale gray stain/limed finish. Really want to stay away from cream/gold/tan.

The problem is the countertops. That color family is practically non-existent in natural stone (marble is out - we can't be trusted!) so we have been looking at either a white (if we go with the stained gray cabinets) or a light to medium gray (if we paint cabinets) and our best bet seems to be manmade.

A local stone showroom has discontinued carrying the Antolini brand - they said purely business - because it competes with Ceasarstone which they also carry. Slabs are running $800 for about 50 sq. ft. which is crazy. We can't even get the cabinets started until we decide since we don't want to pay for rift cut white oak if we are just going to paint them. We are in Dallas, so selection is not an issue I would just love to get some feedback on others with experience with either of these products or dealing this color pallet. I did see a quartizite called Super White which was pretty sweet.

Oh, and I pulled the trigger and ordered all the appliances today so I am getting antsy to make a decision. Any help is appreciated!!

Comments (10)