SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
esqcpamom

Please HELP with Hardie siding color selection

esqcpamom
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We are replacing our aluminum siding with Hardieboard lap siding.

Home Exterior · More Info

We are going with 7" lap (so it would be much wider/double size of existing lap). Color choices are below-- we are thinking Cobblestone or Monterey Taupe-- what are your thoughts?

Home Exterior · More Info

Cobblestone will almost exactly match our existing color. We have seen some houses with this and they all look nice and it seems pretty neutral.

Monterey Taupe is darker and provides little contrast with the brick (is it better to have less contrast?). We have seen houses with this color and they all seem to look different (depending on times of day and different light), which makes me nervous. It tends to take on a green color (not sure if this would be okay or not good thing with our brick--browny orange-- and bay-- copper with blueish patina). All 3 of these photos are same color siding:

Tyngsborough MA · More Info

Neighbor down the street has this, but it looks green:

PLEASE help me decide which color to go with!?

We are thinking of going with the beaded product to add some texture- do you think that is a good idea? (Back and sides of home are siding only)

HardiePlank Beaded Cedarmill Lap Siding Houston Texas · More Info

Lastly, we will be going with white fascia, gutters and trim. Windows on back and sides of home will have 3-4" white trim. Would you go with siding color or white corners (all but 1 of the samples above have white corners)? If white, would you do only the 4" exterior corners white and slim interior corners siding color, or both white? I am uncertain about white interior corners wince each side of bay window would differ (left side goes up 2 stories and the other only 1 story)... and would you use white around chimney and roofline (as they did below)?

TIA for any advice you can offer!!

Comments (5)