SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ascorsonelli

Storage cabinet in long, narrow bathroom

ascorsonelli
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Originally, I intended to do a floor to ceiling-ish linen closet, but the lack of wall space for a light switch threw a wrench in my plans. Light switch will now be on the door wall, to the left as you walk in. Nope, can't change it as I already gave the contractor the thumbs up to cut the vanity down to 3' tall cabinet. The sink is a pedestal--already bought.

I'm concerned the cabinet will look like an after thought. I'd be perfectly fine with nothing there, but DH wants more storage. (He's terrified I haven't allowed for plenty throughout the house. He may be right...)

Our contractor suggested doing a 3' cabinet as you enter with a floor to ceiling-ish cabinet next to it. I'm having a hard time visualizing how that would look good right next to the pedestal sink. I'm going for an open, airy look.

Anyone have other storage suggestions for the space? I've done a mock up of what it could look like with only a short cab. Ignore the lights (though I do love the triple look). Pictures in comments. Ignore that door by shower.

Comments (14)