SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
namarie

Pendant light/mixed metals help needed

namarie
8 years ago

I've come to you all with several questions and you've been very helpful. I'm hoping you can help me finalize the last detail of the kitchen in our new build.

The house is a modern rowhouse type build in the downtown area where we live. We have selected full overlay, frameless slab doors with espresso colored lower cabinets flanked by two tall white cabinets and white uppers. The island color will be espresso as well and we will be using arctic white Quartz counters with a waterfall edge on the island. The tile will be an elongated marble subway laid in a herringbone pattern to the ceiling behind the hood and we will have a stainless hood, appliances and pulls.

The window trim and metal handrail for the nearby stairs will be powder coated a dark color (black/brown). We have selected this light fixture for the dining area which is adjacent to the kitchen.

I'm trying to find pendants that are simple and modern/industrial that will compliment but not compete with the backsplash. One option is a simple glass pendant. It works but seems a little dull. I like the following pendant but am afraid it will take away from the backsplash and the brass interior will compete with the stainless and brown/black finishes we have everywhere else. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? The island is 8 feet wide so I think we will need three pendants. Thanks!

Comments (30)