SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisychain01

microwave in island design

daisychain Zn3b
8 years ago

I'm mad at myself and mad at my designer, too. After a crazy stressful 4 weeks of decision making and taking care of details in rebuilding 4 floors of our house, I hit a wall last week and just did nothing related to the house. It was my DDs birthday and a good friend was visiting from overseas, so I just pretended I had no other responsibilities and put my head in the sand.

Now I realize my designer left for 2 weeks holiday today and didn't send me the island drawings. There is 8 weeks lead time on getting the island made and I am thinking I will just go ahead and use our preliminary drawings/ideas and fudge it on my own in order to get it here. We are supposed to be back in the house in 6 weeks and I am so ready to have everything done I just want this over with.

So, I think I can come up with a workable design, but I'm not entirely sure how to design around the micro (which I haven't decided on or bought yet). Does it have to have that built in look? If so, do get the dimensions of the trim kit? Or just design with the clearances on the micro spec sheet? If I make it too big, can I fudge it later? I' m thinking too big is better than too small right?

I also want to have my KA mixer on an open shelf, any thoughts on how much space to leave around it so that I can pull it out easily - I'm thinking it should be on a top shelf to make it easier to lift, right?

Comments (18)