SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dawizard60

Algae at bottom of small waterfall/pond?

Desi P
8 years ago

Hey everyone,

I have a small 2-3 layer rock waterfall/pond in my backyard (I estimated it to be around 75 gallons?). It is roughly 4 ft length, about 2 ft deep at the base (and 2 feet wide) .

The problem is that the water is crystal clear except I have algae at the bottom which gives the pool a green hue, I can clearly see the bottom of the pond. It is not string algae (and I run a pump to filter the water everyday for 2 hours) but it just sits at the bottom of the pool. If I try to scrub it, it basically disturbs the whole algae and it gets spreads throughout the water - hopefully it makes sense what I am trying to describe here.

I've been thinking of getting some fish for the pond (knowing it is a small one) but want to get the algae cleared out first (and learn before I considering putting some fish in there).

Is there an easy/straightforward way of getting rid of this (other than draining all the water - which I've tried as well). Some kind of vacuum I can run to suck up the algae or other things that work better?

Thanks!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!