SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

Anyone coming to Phila to see the Pope?

dedtired
8 years ago

Pope Francis is coming to Philadelphia at the end of September. He will give mass on Sunday. 1.5 million people are expected to come here to see him. That essentially doubles the population of the city. Every hotel room for miles in every direction is reserved. I wonder if it is possible to still get a plane ticket. It's crazy. Schools will be closed that Friday and people are being asked to work from home if possible. Ha -- getting into the city won't be possible. They even held a drawing to get train tickets into the city that weekend and you have to get on the train at just a few designated stations.

It's like we are preparing for the storm of the century. We're told to get our groceries ahead of time. I doubt that will be true in the 'burbs although Pope Francis is staying at a big fancy seminary not far from me. Some people are trying to make a killing on renting their house. Some people are getting out of town. I personally want to stay to see the spectacle. The security measures are over the top. They are even closing a bridge into the city. You can't drive in center city. The entire region has Pope Panic.

So, anyone planning to attend?

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County