SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theclose

How to minimize decorative mouldings/trim

theclose
8 years ago

Hello,

A friend recently purchased a home some rooms, the living room especially, has ornate mouldings that she would like to minimize. She spoke of taking them out but I am convinced that if she paints it the same color as the walls, she won't notice them as much (and I secretly hope she grows to love them!). It is a very large room, currently empty and they will eventually have to furnish, but painting comes first. Her previous living room was a sagey green. I think this grand room lends itself to white or cream, but any other suggestions? I know whites are tricky. The room faces south and does get a substantial amount of light. I am going to attach pics from the listing, so try and picture it empty! I will try and take pics I am hoping for some ideas/encouragement re: the trim. I believe it is plaster and original to the home but not 100% sure. The current paint is almost a pale lavender wall with a green on the relief (pics aren't truly representative of the colors). Definitely hard to envision something else!

Thank you!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer