SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beteacher

Lazy woman's wood floor cleaning

beteacher
8 years ago

I h ave a good carpet vac but it is not great for hardwood floors. Sometimes I get lazy (cause it is already out) and use it on the wood but it does a mediocre job - doesn't fit in places, blows dog hair around, etc. Thought I was saving time and energy but was really not. My dogs hang out in the dining room so they can watch all the action outside, and their fur makes little clouds everywhere - under the table, attached to the chair legs, etc. By not being so lazy, I actually can do a better job, faster and get back to my real work.

First I flip the chairs onto the table, pull the "fur" off the felt pads and let it drop to the floor. I used to waste a lot of time trying to vacuum them off. Just doesn't work Then I use this little portapower vacuum that straps on my waist and has a very long cord. I can vacuum my whole house (minus carpeted bedrooms) in less that 6 minutes. Then I mop everything with one of those flat microfiber mops (looks like an elongated washcloth). Sometimes I use Bona, but just water seems to work as well. When it is dry I just flip the chairs back to the floor and it looks great - in less time than it took to do it halfway.

Note: the vac has a very small not-disposable bag and is a pain to empty. So now after each use I just vacuum it out with my big upright vac's nozzle, spray something sweet smelling in there and pack it away. Next time i am surprised by the nice odor instead of smelly dog hair!

Comments (4)