How long does it take to have a review show up on my profile?

Synergy Design & Construction
My client submitted a review yesterday and I was wondering how long it takes for it to be reviewed and to show up on our profile.

Thank you.
SaveComment14Like2
Comments (14)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Leigh Newport Staged by Design®
My experience that it takes a little over 24 hours. I think they must review them before posting. The longest for me has been a day and a half.
Save    
PRO
Thanks Leigh!!!
Save    
Emily H
It's true! Reviews are hand reviewed by our team before they are published. It usually takes less than 24 hours, but in times of heavy volume it can be a little longer.
1 Like Save    
PRO
Thanks Emily!
1 Like Save    
PRO
Peak Ventures Fine Custom Homes

I believe, the more details and pictures to really show off a job well done, the better

1 Like Save    
Lee Green

Unfortunately, this was just the opposite and people should be advised prior to working with this contractor.

3 Likes Save    
PRO
María Gabriela Mendoza - MG Interior Design

I was starting to get anxious because of unreceived reviews. Glad to know it takes a few ours to come up

Save    
PRO
Douglas Oldham, Architect

I have had two clients tell me that they have submitted reviews but they haven't shown up. One was 4 days ago and the other one was last year. I also can't find any way to contact Houzz to ask about it.

2 Likes Save    
PRO
The Barefoot Blackbird Design

I have 5 reviews that were never posted. I have called (emailed) many times asking about them, and asking if they aren't going to post them if they could forward me the reviews so I can add them to my website. But they refuse to do anything but send a scripted response. The reviews are well earned as a multitude of hours and undivided attention and great care go into each and every project. I know there needs to be some screening, but its not fair to those of us who have worked very hard along the way. There is no point in having a human review the reviews if they are doing nothing more than algorithm style selection and not engaging with the recipient of the review.

1 Like Save    
Teresa Caviness

Same problem. I have re-submitted a review for my designer several times and it never posts. I'm done trying to post a review for this designer after the 3rd attempt.

1 Like Save    
PRO
The Barefoot Blackbird Design

If your designer is on Thumbtack or Angies List you can leave a review for her there... I am starting to have my clients leave reviews that way rather than on Houzz... It is a shame because I do like Houzz, unfortunately though it is not small business friendly.

Save    
Ashley

I am having the same problem. My client left a lengthy review and it is not posting to my profile. She never saved a copy and is in chronic pain so she unfortunately will not be writing one for me again as it was too tiresome the first time. I am not impressed with Houzz. This is such a loss for me.

Save    
PRO
Jaclyn Marie Interiors

I also have 4 clients who have reviewed me and told me they did and I still only have 1 review that shows. Why aren't my reviews showing up?? I don't understand?

1 Like Save    
Tonya Adams

Submitted a negative review on contractor who did not do the job they were paid to do and has absconded with almost 21k... when we fired them we had to call police and it went from a verbal to a written no trespass warning. Still not up and they are still showing quite positive on the site and probably going to get more victims. We are in process of criminal and civil suits as well as contacting AG about their business license.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Inside Houzz How Much Does a Remodel Cost, and How Long Does It Take?
The 2016 Houzz & Home survey asked 120,000 Houzzers about their renovation projects. Here’s what they said
Full Story
Patios Spring Patio Fix-Ups: Earn Rave Reviews for Your Patio's Entrance
Consider innovative doors, charming gates or even just potted plants to cue a stylish entry point for your patio
Full Story
Remodeling Guides Double Take: 'Floating' Wine Bottles Rack Up Style Points
Look closely to spy the secret of this wine rack, concocted by a clever homeowner needing a design workaround
Full Story