SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladybugdoctor

Corner cabinets for pantry storage- hinged or two doors on easy reach?

ladybugdoctor
8 years ago

Hi,

We will need to remodel a vacation condo that has a smallish U shaped kitchen with no pantry. I cook a lot and will eventually retire there so I need some sort of pantry space. The condo needs all new cabinets and an appliance rearrangement so I have a bit of a blank slate, but I think that a corner pantry area with an upper that meets the counter would work well (I never like using that corner counter space anyway and would rather use it for closed storage). I think I want an easy reach cabinet setup due to posts I have read but am deciding between a single, hinged door for the uppers or two doors that meet in the middle (forgot what they are called). I thought 2 doors would be more convenient if I have something sitting on the counter and don't want to hit it with the huge door, and perhaps a more stable mechanism, but not sure.

Anyone out there have either of these doors on a corner easy reach and care to comment? I thought at first I wanted diagonal but after cleaning out an elderly friends cabinet I learned it is very difficult to reach/see whats in back. Since it will be food, I don't want it hidden.

Comments (2)