SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommytofive

Where would you put the outlet(s) in this island?

mommytofive
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

According to my electrician I only have to use one outlet but can use more if I want to. Where would you put one or two outlets in this island? It is an 8 foot island with seating for 4 on the backside. The cabinet maker suggests one outlet on each end of the island centered at the top. The cabinet maker will provide stained outlet covers to match island. I wasn't sure if I would use an outlet at the end of the island by the prep sink because of the sink. Not sure if I would mind seeing the outlets on the ends or not but not sure if hiding them under the seating overhang is a good idea because it makes it difficult to use the outlet when prepping food if the outlet is needed. I'm thinking I would use an outlet at the island for an immersion blender, hand mixer (kitchen aid mixer will be on perimeter counter), occasional food processor and I could see family plugging in laptop on occasion at seating area. I am 8 months pregnant with #7 and the many kitchen decisions are overwhelming at this point. Thanks for your opinions.

Comments (14)