SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gaf_ml_01

Bonide Rose Shield

I'm surprised that I haven't found much discussion on Bonide's Rose Shield (not to be confused with Yate's Rose Shield, an Australian product). I don't really want to get into the spray vs don't spray debate, but I'm wondering if anyone has info or opinions specific to this product or in comparison to the Bayer multipurpose that gets mentioned more often.

I realize it's a beginner's chemical, but I'm a beginner. I used it very early in the season, when I saw insect damage that I couldn't identify, first on my Julia Child's and then my pink Knockout. Later on, I used it for powdery mildew on my HTs, before adjusting my sprinkler system to not spray them. What I can say is that either it's extremely effective, or summer weather really helps, as I haven't had to use it at all for the last month. I've switched to Green Cure for whatever was affecting my Barbra Streisand.

What I'm worried about is whether it's more toxic than the label makes it appears, why has it been banned in New York, and whether I need to take more precautions than indicated on the label. I'm not too paranoid, because given how little I've used it, I'd expect one bottle to last at least 3-4 years if I use the same amount each year.

Comments (10)