SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dualvansmommy

Need help with mud room ideas?

dualvansmommy
8 years ago

right now, i have made a set up for our "mud room" within our laundry room, but it's very small and not very functional. I'm trying to think of more permanent solutions and want to ask for advice/tips before i hire a contractor.

first photo below shows the layout/step down from my kitchen into hallway leading straight down into the office. Door on left leads the entrance from garage and door on right steps directly into laundry room. I appreciate any feedback/suggestions? we hope to spend up towards 5-10K to do this project.

photo below shows a portion of our garage that leads into the hallway as seen photo above. I was thinking of making that area in photo with custom build in to make our "mud room"? what do you think of that feasibility? abnd can always move our extra fridge further down to the right to make room for mud room.

as you can see, laundry room is small- think it's 9 by 7 size and have closet to store all extra laundry stuff and excess bulk items hidden directly behind laundry door. Directly opposite the machines is drilled shelves with hooks, i also have hook over laundry door to hang heavier items. Out of view to my right holds the slop sink and shoe basket for the family to kick off immediately entering inside from garage.

Comments (2)