SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oasisowner1

Sink comparison: Blanco Silgranit II vs. Corian

oasisowner
8 years ago

I had a Corian integrated sink (cream colored) for 15 years; the Silgranit (white) is only 2 weeks old. Here is what I have noticed:

Staining - The Corian sink stained with berries, coffee, tea, chocolate, and cast iron pans. The Silgranit stains with cast iron pans and, surprisingly, stainless steel and aluminum. Winner: Silgranit

Cleaning - Both sinks cleaned easily with Barkeepers Friend. Winner: Draw.

Scratching - While the Corian countertop had scratches, I can't say I ever noticed any in the sink. So far, no scratches on the Silgranit. Winner: Draw

Heat Resistance - I have never tested this, as I don't put hot pans in the sink. I still run cold water in the sink while draining pasta. I assume the Silgranit would win here.

Ease of use - Corian wins here. The top of the sink was integrated and level with the counter top. The Silgranit is undermount and that extra inch of depth causes a bit more strain on the back while doing dishes. I also very much miss the integrated faucet deck.

Conclusion - I like both sinks and think either one is a good choice. I do feel a slight preference for the old Corian sink.

Comments (7)