SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20188432

Dornbracht vs MGS pulldown faucet or Dornbracht Profi spray

User
8 years ago

I've been lurking on GW for many years and have been looking forward to being active on kitchen forum for when I was finally ready to start construction. When GW disappeared I had heart failure because how was I supposed to build a house without all of you?! I was so relieved to see the KF still around! Well, we are finally starting after years of delay, so here goes my first question!

People seem to LOVE their MGS and Dornbracht pull down faucets. I haven’t been able to see either so wanted to know how you chose one vs the other and if there are pros and cons to each? Is there another option at that level I should be considering?

I am most likely getting a pulldown faucet for my island prep sink. Because it’s open to the great room, if you thought it were a better look, I’d also be open to a pull out. I just know I want to be handsfree to wash veggies under a spray.

For my cleanup sink, which is out of sight from the great room, I’m debating if I should choose the MGS or Dornbracht pulldown faucet, or if I should consider the Dornbracht Elio faucet with Profi sprayer which was recommended to me. I can’t find a Profi in a showroom and don’t know how easy or difficult to handle. Some other brands I’ve played with seem to be a little difficult to turn the head upwards to spray the upper rim of the sinks and caused me to fumble a bit to get the head back in the bracket (weak hands). The flexibility of us each having a faucet to use while doing dishes is in the plus column (we plan to have a big sink), but I am trying to figure out if the Profi spray gives you any other advantage you don’t get with a regular pull down. The idea of having to hold the lever of the sprayer isn’t appealing but maybe it does something really well that I’m not aware of yet. At the cleanup sink, I only care about function and looks aren’t in the equation.

THX!!!!!

Comment

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!