SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Finally got Ronde de Bordeaux fig tree!

Andrew Scott
8 years ago

A few years ago I was on a quest to get the famed Ronde de Bordeaux fig. At that time people warned me that the only way I would get one was to either bid on one on Ebay, or to buy a tree or cuttings from someone here on this forum. I did have a member of this forum that offered a few cuttings when they pruned there tree but I had forgotten all about it.

This summer I decided I would try again to see if I could find a Ronde de Bordeaux but I promised myself I wasn't going to break the bank to get one. I checked Ebay and saw a nice tree for auction and I placed my bid. Even after that I decided to keep looking and low and behold,i found a nursery that was selling Ronde de Bordeaux fig trees, and are very reasonable price!

The name of the nursery is Threefold Farms, and they are located in PA. I placed my order with them immediately.This was a few weeks ago so I cannot remember for sure but I believe they were $30 each. They do have a minimum order amount of $100, but considering how hard it was for me to find someone selling them and how long I waited to finally get one, I didn't even think twice about it and I ended up ordering 2 Rinse de Bordeaux, and I also ordered Atriano. A fellow fig forum member gave me one years ago. Sadly I lost that tree but I remembered her saying that Atriano was a variety that every fig collector should have.

I placed that order online in the evening, and the following day I called the nursery. I had the pleasure of sleeping with the owner and he told me that his trees were good sized and actually would need to be reported when I got them. He also explained to me that his farm was relatively new and small but he told me that they carried quite a nice selection of fig varieties. I asked him how long he thought if would take for me to get my order and he said it would be shipped within a day or two.

Within 3 or 4 days I had a huge box sitting on my front porch.I honestly thought that this was not my fig trees, but it was! I opened up my package from Threefold farms and was very surprised. Both Ronde de Bordeaux are about 1 1/2ft tall. 1 of the 2 trees has 2 nice sized branches and is r rally nice and bushy. The other one actually had 2 separate trees in it that I was able to seperate, so I basically got 2 for the price of one! The Atreano is only about an inch shorter but it also has a few short branches at the base. All of the trees came with excellent root balls. You can just tell that they were taken very good care of.

I haven't tried posting pictures on the new Garden Web site, but I will try and get some up this week. I'm leaving for Puerto Rico this Saturday so if I don't get them up before then, I will get them up when I return home.

I highly recommend Threefold Tree farm. I don't remember there internet address, but just Google there name and you will find it. They also have a nice Facebook page. If anyone decides to order from them by phone, tell them Andrew from NY state told you about it. The owner told me that they don't advertise, and I told him that as long as I was happy with my order and there customer service, I would have no issue with trying to help him.

Happy Fig growing everybody :)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner