SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desiree_noelle

Growing 2 lemon, and 1 Lime tree in CT- any advice?

Desireé Noelle
8 years ago

Hello everyone!!!

I live in CT and a gift from my brother in law over a year and a half ago was a lemon tree he purchased in FL. I did my best with the winter weather, and I pollinated my tree by hand and then placed it outside. When it began to really grow, I transplanted it into a bigger planter. So this 1 tree (however I do not know what type of lemon?) has been growing for almost 2 yrs. I now have A LOT of potential lemons! I am so excited (lol!) but I did not know- how long does it take for these lemons to grow and mature/be ready to use? Will they continue to grow nicely, even in the cold weather when I bring them inside, just like last year? Also, I had a question about my lime tree. It is HUGE, growing pretty tall. I have had this tree since April, when I bought it and started to grow it at home in CT. I feel like this tree is doing well also, but do not know anything about growing limes??? How does it look? It is about 3.5 feet tall right now. Any tips about growing citrus with the cold weather coming, would be appreciated. Where do I store it? Do you water the same amount as when it is outside? Or less?

Thanks in advance- Here are the pics:

Lime tree-

Some limes coming in...

Lemon tree #1 (2 yrs old)

Lemon tree # 2 (since April)

Comments (8)