SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krissyafite1979

Adding milk to soil

krissy Canto
8 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

UPDATE; hey wise guys still responding to my.post after six years. I gave zucchini another go. It definitely wasn't under watering or lack of nutrients. Apparently somebody else loves my zuchinni plants even more then I do. They are called squash vine borers. I unearthed a dead plant (which had the same symptoms and like last time died found little worm like characters and googjed them and showed the pictures to my garden Facebook group. The verdict seems to be squash vine borers. Hey Mr Digindirt who made me feel like an idiot for finding a somewhat unconventional way of resolving an issue Iv never had to deal with planting when I lived at home with in ground plants, how smart do you feel now) added milk to my plants after reading that it wil help with calcium deficiency and its much easier then getting wood ash or waiting for eggs to decompose (and I only eat about six eggs a week which I dont think is immoderate. I could only get my husband to eat eggs when I make them for dinner which makes that 8. I did add cracked eggs which also seemed to help even without decomposing). Now Ive been adding two tbsps of milk to a quart of water. Im pretty generous with adding this mixtue and it seems to be working. It quickly perked up my rotting zulants.plants. I use this mixture once a day. Could this damage my plants? Oh and my plants are in pots.

Comments (56)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County