SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amck2

Can You Recommend Blackout Shades (or other) For This Guestroom?

amck2
8 years ago

DS & Fam recently visited and found the wood blinds I had in the guestroom weren't sufficient in blocking out morning light. We did a quick fix for the visit by adding a room darkening roller shade but I am eager to remove those & replace with something nicer.

I kept the white wood shades when we repainted because I like being able to have the diffused light they offer 90% of the time when guests aren't sleeping there. Also, I didn't want anything layered or fussy.

The quilt & shams are an unusual shade of gold leaning towards chartreuse. The bedside tables are painted muted gold with dark wicker baskets that match the walnut bed frame & dresser. The wicker pieces are the sage green that match the pattern on the quilt. The room is painted BM White Chocolate.

Any advice on where & what to get for window coverings that will keep the light out when needed but still work with this room? The pic is taken with morning light. Room faces East. No privacy issues here - 2nd floor facing an acre of our woods.

Comments (9)